1.24.2010

Week 3 Developments


This is a simple supplement to my other update for this week (Laurie Anderson: Old News of New News):

This past week was more busy than planned. I have had to reschedule how many posters I will post. I had no time to design 2 M.A.D. Design posters. They will be substituted by one poster advertising "Love Is MADness" event. This poster is the first of a series of advertising ploys that will be used to increase attendance to the event. Including creating a Facebook event, Pingg event, Warch Campus Center monitor digital display images, and possibly balloons and additional poster strategies (a weekly "strip teasing"). My schedule is backed up due to the Wind Ensemble performance and school work. Otherwise, I have recieved 5 requests for poster designs, surpassing the amound requested for all of last term in 2 weeks. My advertising seems to be working.

IHRTLUHC
Ian Wallace

2 comments:

chanwilmer said...

Hey Ian,

The posters you did are nice and I can see a cohesive continuous style of your product.

I love the Love is MAD series, i thought its a good product for valentine's day card and simultaneously promote you brand name.

Have you ever thought of starting up an etsy.com account? That way your card can reach a wider customer base outside of the Lawrence bubble.

Another thought of breaking the bubble: Maybe you can put your cards on consignment on some of the college ave. store?

Keep the great posters going!

Shimon and Lindemann said...

Yes, etsy!